Semester Two: Week 2: Lightning Pitch

In week two, we began to refine our ideas so that they could be pitched to the entire class. This was building on what we did last week and meant that we could gather feedback from the entire group. This let us bounce ideas off of one another as well as hearing what the other members of our group are interested in creating. We could then allow this to inspire our ideas and fuel development within our own ideas as well as receiving feedback about our specific ideas and engaging with others ideas and providing them with the support they need to refine their ideas.

I found that myself and another group member had a startlingly similar idea and so saw this as a reason to craft my idea into something of it’s own rather than being similar to theirs. I also looked at other potential competitors that are already on the market. This gave me reason to innovate rather than follow, making my own path rather than following the one that many others have been on. All of this made me consider the ideas I had for my products as well as how they can be separate from the others and be viewed as something people need. I also began to start conceptualising what I want to get out of the project through the products I create. Creating an app/website interface allows me to consider audience/customer and how they’d engage with the interface and their moods/attitudes towards the interface. As well as this, I had considered a motion graphics video that would act as a motion infographic regarding the app/website and why it’s needed.